ATV Flail Mower
Heavy-Duty ATV Flail Mowers
Our ATV flail mowers are designed to fit individual requirements and budgets, built to the highest standards, and tried and tested in arduous conditions and terrains, ideal for heavy-duty mowing of grass, brambles, reeds, and any heavily grown vegetation with exceptional results.
Chapman ATV Flail Mower Series
The Chapman ATV flail mowers are heavy-duty machines designed for farmland and woodland mowing. These flail mowers are perfect for the smallholder, equestrian, and large estate landowner, and when the land is not suitable for tractor vehicles, due to wet, boggy ground conditions where the fields could get damaged. Effective on harsh terrains and ideal for cutting down overgrown brambles, heather, and saplings, the high quality and built of these ATV mowers will tackle any dense vegetation found in their way.
FM ATV Flail Mower Special Features
- The Honda commercial-grade GXV630cc 21HP V-Twin engine, features an oil alert warning system built in the oil pump, to ensure maximum engine protection when mowing on steep, sloping terrain. This engine is supported by Honda's reputation for performance, reliability, and spare parts back-up when required.
- Built in the UK, to the highest standards, using 8mm and 5mm gauge heavy-duty steel.
- The large diameter rotor arm is perfectly balanced to a G6.3 dynamic specification to ensure the smoothest results.
- Unique double helix rotor blades system gives an unrivalled mowing result.
- Adjustable rear grass deflector to suit different mowing applications.
- A full-width anti-scalping roller protects the blades from damage.
- The twin belt auto-tensioning system reduces belt wear and slippage when mowing under rough conditions.
- A straight and offset drawbar feature allows for left and right positioning for cutting hedges and get into the corners of the fields.
- The single cutting height adjustment lever ranges from 25mm up to 225mm.
FM120 ATV Flail Mower Specifications:
FM150 ATV Flail Mower Specifications:
ATV Flail Mower Options
- Centre Mounted Engine: This mount position balances the mower, ensuring greater stability and therefore safety for the operator, specially when used on steep, sloping terrain.
- Forged Hammer Blades: The extra weight and design of these blades provide a cleaner cut when paddock topping grass, improving performance when cutting through thick vegetation.
Call us on 0333 880 6654 for more information or a quotation.
Wessex ATV Flail Mowers
The Wessex AF ATV flail mowers offer quality and durability. Available in 3 models, these quad mowers are excellent for cutting long grass, brambles, and bracken on private grounds, estates, and smallholdings. Each model offers specific features and benefits and can be changed from side wheels into a rear-wheel configuration in less than five minutes, with no tools or extra parts required!
AF ATV Flail Mower Models
- AFE - Private grounds and estate uses: This model has a 13Hp Briggs and Stratton engine and automatic clutch designed for cutting long grass and vegetation in private grounds, estates, perfect for professional applications.
- AFX - Professional uses: These professional units have an 18Hp V-Twin Briggs and Stratton engine and a manual clutch with 3 belts for great performance in arduous conditions.
- AFR - Contracting and commercial uses: This is the toughest mower in the range! Complete with a 23Hp V-Twin Briggs and Stratton engine with electric start, manual clutch, and forged heavy-duty flails, these quad flail mowers will pulverise the densest scrub and vegetation with ease all day long!
- Swing Lock Axel System (patent pending) – Market-leading innovation!
- Flotation puncture-resistant, Kevlar-lined tyres for long working life.
- Large diameter with spiral-positioned flails. Ensures an even cut and increased torque for dense vegetation.
- 5mm deck (shot-blasted and powder coated for durability).
- Swivelling ball hitch (satisfies health and safety recommendations). Turnbuckle on the drawbar (levels the machine for an even cut).
- The drawbar can be offset to either side for cutting outside of the quad wheels.
- Kill switch clips to the rack of the quad bike making the emergency stop within easy reach of the operator.
- Screw adjustor for simple height adjustment. The rear anti-scalp roller eliminates scalping in rough conditions.
- Powerful Briggs & Stratton (B&S) Engine 13Hp – 23Hp (model dependent).
FTS 120 ATV Flail Mower
The ATV flail mower FTS 120 is perfect for regular maintenance of pastures and paddocks. The wheels and linkage are adjustable to change the cutting height (between 3 and 10cm) and can be used behind or in line with the flail mower.
This unit has an electric pull start and an independent petrol engine with a tow ball hitch for pulling behind a quad bike. When mowing on level areas of land and grounds with well-maintained grass a walking speed is recommended.
FTS 120 ATV Flail Mower Specifications
This light duty flail mower should be used in a low-range 1st gear for towing with 4×4 vehicles and at a smooth walking pace when towing with a quad or UTV vehicle.